Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Update after completion of 1st year at Tier 3 School

It feels good to update the blog and to provide some information. My 1st year of law school has fallen across two separate lines. One being this idea of knowing what to expect and being fully prepared. Sure my extended discussions with attorneys and professors during undergrad (along with some famous law school guides) helped. I understood what outlines were and how important grades were. However I did not expect how frustrating preparing the entire semester for finals would be.

Unfortunately my indolence got the best of me---and I wound up studying largely as I did in undergrad---basically had enormous cramming sessions with extremely dense material and a sense that I would never it. This lack of confidence billowing throughout the entire semester carried over to finals. Yes I knew property was difficult and that I would not understand----but I thought I could pick up the intricate details relatively quickly with some dedication. Boy was I wrong.....

I can comfortably say that I have learned my lesson and I will now be focusing my time on study guides throughout the entire semester, actually preparing my outlines earlier, and perhaps engaging in more group studying.

For those that claim law school is not that intellectually challenging---I cannot take you seriously.

No comments: