Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Update In Months!!!

Well I can finally report some good news. After patiently awaiting decisions from the various schools I applied to---I was accepted into three schools off the waiting list. This shows you how competitive the process has been this year. School 1 accepted me in mid may--and it was actually a suprise. As I was nearing finals--and graduation--I embarked on a job hunt that was intended solely as a backup for law school. However those expectations changed as I realized that I had a realistic chance of not being accepted anywhere---but with that inspiring news-- I had to make an important decision. Work for almost 50K a year (with decent benefits and perks) I may add--or attend law school at a cost of over 40K a year in loans (53K when all is said and done).

It was a tremendously taxing decision--and I proceeded to research and seek out the most advice from as many professionals, professors, friends, and family members as possible. Despite hearing some bleek and overly excited/perhaps too optimistic outcomes---I decided law school was my best route--and that going through the entire application process next year would be no different (how could one possibly guarantee a higher LSAT score). Therefore my mind was almost decided-

However I soon found out that the rumors about waiting lists (such as never really being considered) were unfounded. School 2 (being a considerable distance from home) offered me a decent package with large loans as well. School 3 offered me part time evening admission---but they are the highest on the official ranking list.

But it appears that the latter schools may be unfeasible. Why go so far for a tier III school at an exorbitant cost---and why accept part time evening admission, when school 1 is offering me the best financial package so far (which isnt saying much)--but offered me admission the most expeditiously (which shows they had more interest in me).

So for now--law school will be a possibility--unless some dramatic developments occur (highly doubtful-considering I turned down 2 job offers)--

As a last bit of advice--I would tell any prospective law school applicant to not immediately give up hope. Sometimes unexpected outcomes occur-- and you never know what may happen---- so try to stay positive-- and most importantly......BE CONFIDENT

No comments: